After this year you will be adventuring into the world of High School and soon after that college and then you are on with your life. For our independent study project you will be answering these questions:
- What are you going to do with your life?
- What do you like to do?
- What do you want to learn about?
- Do you want to learn about a certain job?
- Do you want to know if you can achieve a goal?
- How will you set up your time?
- What books are going to help you?
You are going to analize yourself and figure out what you want to learn about. During Type III time (Independent Study Time) you will create goals for yourself, a plan on how you will achieve your goals, and a deadline for yourself to acheive these goals.
Finding a topic:
- The topic needs to be something that interests you.
- If at any time you find that you no longer are interested in the topic you can change it.
- You will be placed in a room with people that have similar topics as you.
Grading a topic:
- You will need to make a rubric that will give your teacher a way to grade your project.
- Rubrics need to include, when your project will be presented, 50 points total and how those 50 points are to be earned
- If you do not meet this date your score will suffer, just when you turn in an assignment late you get 1/2 credit.
- This grade will be included in each subject.
Studying a topic:
- During your study time you will have about 45 minutes tuesday - friday to study and work on your project.
- You will need books to help you learn about your topic. (Web sites can only give so much)
Presenting a topic:
- Your presentation will need to be at least 10 minutes long and include everything you have learned in this project.
- Your presentation must represent the time frame that you worked on your subject.